"Resign yourself, Catherine! Shops must be visited! Money must be spent! Do you think you could bear it?" - Northanger Abbey

Monday, June 18, 2012

Style 2769 - My new fave pattern

I've discovered a new fave. Its a vintage pattern Style 2769. I decided to make it up after noticing it looked very similar to a 40's/50's pattern I liked the look of...and I've found it so easy to make I'm going to make a few more.
I've earmarked the fabric and even found matching buttons....but back to this weekends project.
I chose to do view 4.
I traced off the pattern as it was quite fragile and made some adjustments as it was slightly too small.

I used up the leftover white polycotton and some scraps I had left over from the shirt dress I'm making.
Inside out
It meant the facings were shorter than they should be because I didn't have quite enough material but I worked round that.

I only had choice of 2 buttons...and neither quite looked right. So I went and bought some especially.


Ta Da! Its so comfy and perfect for dancing in as it's got a retro feel but will keep me cool.

2 comments:

  1. Looks great! Love patterns that are easy, wearable and pretty =) I have a similar blousepattern (selfdrafted) and it's quickly becoming my favorite pattern. Finishing up my third make of it... =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The simple wearable patterns are the best. I cold make it in every different fabric I could find.

      Delete