"Resign yourself, Catherine! Shops must be visited! Money must be spent! Do you think you could bear it?" - Northanger Abbey

Monday, April 1, 2013

A Regency Cap -HSF #7 Accessorize

The Challenge: #7 Accessorize

Fabric: broderie anglaise, polycotton

Pattern: No pattern. Selfdrafted inspired by image from 'costumes in detail'.

Year: 1800-1818(?)

Notions: embroidery floss, thread

How historically accurate is it? Its as accurate as I can be visually, but I can't afford the proper fabrics. So 50/50.

Hours to complete: 6 hours, including trimming. All hand sewn.

First worn:

Total cost: Free. Made from 'scraps'.


Embroidery on the cap

Inspiration Image
I added ribbon but cut down on the bows and 'frill'

And here is me wearing it on a blustery day.

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe that is hand sewn! I don't have the patience at all for that - I hardly have the patience to sew on a machine. And it looks amazing as well! I love the detail on the brim!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you kristin. I get fustrated with sewing machines, hand sewing is much more relaxing. I can go pretty fast whenI sew.

      Delete
  2. So pretty! I remember when I first joined a medieval society and someone said to make an outfit really look period, the most important part is head and feet =) That's a beautiful little cap, very much the cherry on the top!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm working on the feet. Found some cute pupmps but need to add ribbons to them.
      Thanks Erika. I'm really pleasd how it turned out.

      Delete