Fabric: Shiny lining material, faux leather
Year: 1920's was my target era.
Notions: Modge Podge, Plasti-kote Brass Spray enamel, stick on 'gems'.
How historically accurate is it? Well this is more 'inspired by' than a HA copy.
Hours to complete: Took me two days.
First worn: To test nothing fell off.
Total cost: The shoes I got from primark ages ago so probably not more than £5, Spray paint £3.90 (but only used small amount), gems (pack of lots for 99p). Faux leather is cut out of a jacket given me for free. So approx £10 total.
I wanted some jazz era shoes for dancing in. I prefer doing charleston in flats so HA heels wasn't an option. So I started with a pair of ballet pumps. They had floral pattern and a heel with a straw texture, which meant they didn't go with any of my outfits. So I used modge podge and pining material to cover the shoes especially the straw bit. I then cut out a new 'sole' out of faux leather and glued to the bottom. This was when I decided I didn't like the look of the green.
Ready for dancing!