"Resign yourself, Catherine! Shops must be visited! Money must be spent! Do you think you could bear it?" - Northanger Abbey

Friday, October 7, 2011

Making a start...trouble with fitting

Well I made a start now I have the material. Went for red gingham and navy blue. Cut out the pattern.
Problem is I'm sure I've done something wrong already. It's just not fitting right. I went to do the adjustments suggested here but if I did that it would cut across chest rather than going under it or am I getting confused here?
 Its really hard to judge when I'm doing it all by myself it feels like the fits wrong but does it look like the fit wrong?
This is why I hate patterns. Argggg! They make me want to scream!

Help!?!

1 comment:

  1. Hello!

    First of all you need to pin the darts, just as if you were sewing them, This is very important since it will definitely affect the fit.

    I would draw the wraparound curve a bit higher, and if you've already added the tissue paper to the side seams, you can just fold the excess by making a vertical tuck and pinning the tissue in place until it fits in the width.

    Keep up the good work!

    Katrina

    ReplyDelete