"Resign yourself, Catherine! Shops must be visited! Money must be spent! Do you think you could bear it?" - Northanger Abbey

Friday, August 16, 2013

Doctor Who Outfit - Final Design


Finally got all my patterns and most of my fabric. Some greeny-brown suiting and also some gold lining for the waistcoat.

For my waistcoat I'm using Mcalls 6149 (link)
For the jacket S&S Beatrix Jacket (link).
I wasn't able to find green in the shop so went for some burgandy fabric and suede type fabric for contrast collar.
I just need to draft myself the walking skirt (in same fabric as the waistcoat or in the grey not sure yet.).
My concept Image....looking a bit steampunk-ish. lol! Or maybe its a bit 'Charley Pollard Edwardian adventuress'?



2 comments:

  1. Ooh I love it! Nice work! (Kate here, Miss Costello from the LH forum!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I hope I can finish it all by november.
      Any tips on getting the gibson girl look?

      Delete