"Resign yourself, Catherine! Shops must be visited! Money must be spent! Do you think you could bear it?" - Northanger Abbey

Thursday, August 29, 2013

HSF Challenge #16 Seperates - Waistcoat

The Challenge: #16 Seperates

Fabric: Poly suiting, polysilk lining

Pattern: McCalls 6149

Year: Well this was inspired by the eighth doctor (doctor who) waistcoat. Which I think is 1870's. But feminised. I think it actually has a 1930's feel to it.

Notions: 3 buttons, interfacing

How historically accurate is it? weeeelllll....as its based on a tv costume and I haven't pinned the year down I'll leave it up to you to decide.

Hours to complete: lost count but about 2 weeks.

First worn: to test the fit yesterday

Total cost: approx £12

Finished waistcoat- you can see I added my tardis key to my pocketwatch chain

Sans buttons

No comments:

Post a Comment