"Resign yourself, Catherine! Shops must be visited! Money must be spent! Do you think you could bear it?" - Northanger Abbey

Sunday, January 5, 2014

2014 Sewing Goals

So yes as everyone else seems to be doing one I think I should get organised and at least have some vague goals for my 2014 sewing scedule.

1. I need to complete my Romana Cosplay.
2. I feel like I'm ready to have a go at making stays or a corset (historical of course) using boning. But what era to do?
3. Improve my tailoring skills. I'm still not getting the finish I want on jackets...it just always looks ameturish.
4. More embroidery. I enjoy it but I don't do much really.
5. Keep control of my fabric stash. Must stop buying and storing for a future project...if I buy it its because I will use it WITHIN that month.
6. Be practical. No more 'party' dresses. I need stuff I will wear everyday. And regually review my wardrobe status and adjust as nessasary.
7. Make an item of clothing for someone other than myself...to improve my fitting skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment