"Resign yourself, Catherine! Shops must be visited! Money must be spent! Do you think you could bear it?" - Northanger Abbey

Friday, May 25, 2012

High Waisted Shorts/Tap Pants/PJ Shorts

I'm going to use my fave sewing pattern again...this time to make some high waisted shorts.


Depending on how my first attempt turn out they'll either end up as PJ shorts/'tap pants' or normal shorts.

I saw the spotty shorts shown above in a shop and tried them on. Perfect except they were just that little *too* short. I'm hoping making my own will let me adjust the length to something I find comfortable without it looking to old and frumpy. I have some sanaps I could use for the closure instead of a zip (why am I always buying zips?)

Now...fabric choice should I go for normal cotton/polycotton or be adventurous? Only thing I've got in my stash is 2 metres of 100% cotton (floral, about a metre of blue polycotton) and some synthetic silk haboutai.

No comments:

Post a Comment