"Resign yourself, Catherine! Shops must be visited! Money must be spent! Do you think you could bear it?" - Northanger Abbey

Friday, May 4, 2012

Random Skirt!

Well if you have been reading my blog you know the skirt I cut out had to be scrapped due to there being imperfections in the fabric. 

Or so I thought.....

Instead of attaching to the bodice I've made a separate skirt using some reclaimed elastic, bias binding and hook & eye. (I will still be buying more fabric to make the skirt for the 'dress').

I embroidered the skirt and added a pocket to 'cover up' the problem area.
embroidery detail
This was all completely improvised so its not the neatest. With the adition of my underskirt to make it stick out I can wear it for retro dance or clog practice.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment