"Resign yourself, Catherine! Shops must be visited! Money must be spent! Do you think you could bear it?" - Northanger Abbey

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Sewing bee - WWID - week 6

Vintage.
At last something I'm familiar with...they had the extra 'callenge' of a vintage machine. Vintage machines I find much more simple unless you want to zig zag seams and make buttonholes.

1930's Blouse
I love that blouse. I like the cute collar the sleeves. The lack of horrible zips. (Always prefer placket to zip for closures). Now I know I won't be able to get hold of the original but when I get a bit of time I may try to drape something similar or modify a modern pattern.

Upcycle Suit
I've seen quite a few of those british pathe videos on how to turn suits into other clothes. So I'd probably have made a pinafore dress from the trousers.

Coat Vintage or Historical
I was a bit disappointed they all went for vintage and no one tried historical. There are some lovely historical 'coats'. Although I wonder if a spencer or a pelisse would be of high enough difficulty. ;)
Loved all the 50's style coats and thought the uniformed coat was very smart.

2 comments:

  1. The blouse pattern is in the book. Only reason I bought it to be honest I haven't tried it yet but am going to be making it in a couple of weeks with the girls from work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I didn't realise it was in the book. Can I ask are the patterns the type you scale up or in a envelope in the back?

      Delete