"Resign yourself, Catherine! Shops must be visited! Money must be spent! Do you think you could bear it?" - Northanger Abbey

Friday, June 20, 2014

Cosplay Update!

OK so not long to go now. I'm still working on the jacket. I erm...messed up the sleeve lining which out me behind schedule so I'm procrastinating about unpicking it and sewing again.
Anyway I have finished (or at lest by the time this is live it'll be finished) my sisterhood of karn cosplay outfit.
I used butterick pattern for a1940s dress but then changed the skirt from gathered to a long half circle skirt. Gives it swish factor.
I also added a bottle of elixier necklace as a prop. The shawl was bought from a well known cheap clothing shop. I've got sandals I can wear or just keep the boots on from my other cosplay as the skirts long.
Didn't know if I should make a 'hood' too?

I also made a few items. The daleks in a bottle..one will become a necklace the other a keyring charm.
Or maybe a nebla in a bottle necklace? They will be given to some of the guests as 'gifts'.



No comments:

Post a Comment