"Resign yourself, Catherine! Shops must be visited! Money must be spent! Do you think you could bear it?" - Northanger Abbey

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

1950's Tea Dress from a frankenpattern

Firstly a frankenpattern is a PR (pattern review) term for getting several patterns and taking elements you then combine to make your own unique item.
In this case it was butterick 5556 and lissette 2246. I made my usual adjustments to the bodice. Adding a little to the side seams usually doesn the trick. And then once that was sewn up added the skirt. It took me a long time as I was determined to hand baste and press every seam before machine sewing. I have to admit I struggled attaching the skirt to the bodice...then was horrified to see it was too loose fitting at the bodice back.
 But there was nothing I could do. Hence why I will probably wear it always with a belt to cinch in the waist so I don't look too frumpy.


No comments:

Post a Comment