"Resign yourself, Catherine! Shops must be visited! Money must be spent! Do you think you could bear it?" - Northanger Abbey

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Vintage/Retro Sewing Wishlist

Well I thought I'd make another list for Autumn/Winter...so I can plan what fabrics to buy.
First off I want a 'suit' well I'd use it more like coat with matching skirt.
Going to use simplicity 4044 again. I like the Blue suit below.

I'm thinking of doing it in blue wool blend with blue polkadot lining. 
But then simplicity 3688 is closer in style. (I have to admit I bought 4044 by accident thinking it was 3688)
What do you think?
I could make a matching blouse from Style 2769. View with sleeves & collar.



And yes still haven't braved trying to make trousers.

Also on my list is the dress Butterick 5209. Intended as a summer frock though. Might pass for autumn/spring.

I also want to have another go at sewing the collette Jasmine blouse.

When I'm not in a rush working to a deadline.

so there's my current list...if I can just finish that regency dress...


No comments:

Post a Comment